Saturday, November 8, 2014

2014 November 8 - Morning Manna

And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples, And saith unto them,  Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither. And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him. (Mark 11:1-4)

Today's Morsel:  I find it somewhat interesting that a colt would be tied at the place where two ways met for Jesus to ride upon.  Why would God put a colt there?  Yes, we know that prophecy spoken by Zachariah had to be fulfilled, which said, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass"(Zechariah 9:9).  But why was he at the place where two ways met?  In life, there will always be two ways for you to chose from.  Heaven or hell.  Right or wrong.  Good or evil.  Life or death.  Blessings and cursing.  Sometimes, when you come to the crossroad in life where your burdens  are too heavy for you to carry, others may help carry you  And other times, you will have to carry them on your own. If you make the wrong choice and take the wrong road, you'll have to bear your own burdens.  But if you choose the right road, God will always have something or someone at the crossroad to carry you.

Sing:  I remember when my burdens rolled away, I had carried them for years night and day; when I sought the blessed Lord, and I took Him at His word them at once all my burdens, rolled away.
Rolled away, rolled away, I am happy since my burdens rolled away; Rolled away, rolled away, I am happy since my burdens rolled away.  

Thought for Today: Cast all your cares upon the Lord for He careth for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment