Friday, November 21, 2014

2014 November 21 - Morning Manna

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
(Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Today's Morsel:  My pastor and his wife were visiting us here in Wisconsin, and she wanted to see the grave of  Bella Boyd.  Belle Boyd played the role of spy as if the war were a lighthearted game of charades.  And she lived as if she were fashioning her days into the plot of a romantic story. During her lifetime she could have read about herself in at least two historical novels, although neither did justice to her dashing exploits.  The zestful Miss Boyd became an espionage agent when she was seventeen, and served the Confederacy throughout the war, in Dixie, the North, and England as well.   I often wonder what kind of legacy will I  leave behind.  I ask myself often if I'm I do enough for Christ so that others will remember what they will hear and read about me.  Solomon said, "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."  Once we die, there will be nothing we can do. Always remember, what you do for Christ will last.  All else in vanity.

Sing:  Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word. Tell me the story more precious, more precious than ever was heard.

Thought for Today: What you do for Christ will last. All else in vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment