Friday, November 28, 2014

2014 November 28 - Morning Manna

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
 (John 2:1-3)

Today's Morsel: I've often wonder why Mary seems to be the one that was concerned that there was no wine and not the bridegroom.  I've noticed that this same attitude and concern is also sometimes in the church.  Some people are worried about the problems in the church more than the pastor, and they want to call in someone to fix it.  They say, "Let's pray that God will send someone to take care of the problem or situation."  I believe that problems are not for you to worry over, but should be seen as challenges to strengthen one's faith; something that can cause us to grow spiritually.  I'm sure if the bridegroom had been concerned about the wine, he would have done something to fix the problem.

Sing: I thirsted in a barren land of sin and shame and nothing satisfying there I found,  but to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came, where springs of living water did abound.
Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul is satisfied; Drinking at the springs of living water, what a wonderful and bountiful supply.

Thought for Today: And be not drunk with wine wherein is excess but be filled with the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment