Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2014 February 5 - Morning Manna

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:1-5)

Today's Morsel:  One of the things about serving and being successful in Christ, is remaining in the vine.  Jesus makes it very clear to the Christian, that outside of Him and not staying attached to Him, three things are inevitable.  One, you will be taken away; two, you cannot  bear fruit; and three, you can do nothing.  First you will be taken away.  In other words, every wind of doctrine and others will draw you away and you will be burned.  Second, you will be unfruitful.  Your life will always be barren. There will be no indication of the fruit of the spirit in your life.  You will have little or no joy about you.  Your life will be filled with despair and distress.  Without fruit in your life, you cannot enter into heaven (2 Peter 1:5-11).  And third, you can do nothing.  Meaning, you will have no ability to accomplish anything you put forth effort to do. You will always lose heart and become discouraged before you reach the end state of what you set out to do, because of that continual discouragement.  But if we abide in the vine, if we stay attached to Jesus, we will have everything we have need of to be what He desires us to be, to know Him in His fullness, and do all that He may ask of us.  Are you connected?

Sing:  In Christ alone, I place my trust, and find my glory in the power of the cross, in every victory, let it be said of me, my hope, my strength, my hope, my joy, is Christ alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment