Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 February 18 - Morning Manna

Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. (Psalms 40:5-8)
 
Today's Morsel: Have you ever been sitting in an audience and someone started reading a poem or  a story about someone and you find yourself with tears running down your face because the person is reading about compassion and love that someone showed, and then they say who they are reading about?  Maybe it was a mentor, a friend, a parent, or teacher, and everyone's heart is touched.  We like hearing when people do great things don't we? When we turn to the Bible, the stories written are about real people.  The psalmist said, "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."  I know in the volume it is written about Jesus, but what if in the volume of the book it is written about us, as well.  Where in the book might it be written about us?  "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people"(Jeremiah 31:33).  Once we know Him, we should desire to do His will.  When God put His Spirit within us, He was putting His law within our hearts, and we should desire to do whatever He asks of us.   If you never see yourself in the word of God, trying looking a little closer.
 
 
Sing: Lord, I care not for riches, neither silver or gold; I would make sure of heaven, I would enter the fold.  In the book of Thy kingdom, with its pages so fair, tell me, Jesus, my Saviour, is my name written there?
Is my name written there, on the page white and fair? In the book of Thy Kingdom, is my name written there?

No comments:

Post a Comment