Thursday, February 20, 2014

2014 February 20 - Morning Manna

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Today's Morsel: How much do you trust God? Let's look at it this way.  Your boss and others may think you're a nut for believing in God.  Trust God anyway.  Your spouse and others may think you carry your faith a little too far. Trust God anyway. Your family and friends may think you've lost your mind for protecting your children and family from the ways and things of this world. Trust God anyway.  Your health may be failing.  Trust God anyway.  Your stress may be unbearable.  Trust God anyway.  Your career may seem like it's on a slow train to nowhere.  Trust God anyway.  To make it in this world and live the Christian life, there is only one way.  That is to trust God.  Habakkuk said it best when he said, "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."  Habakkuk knew that to get to the place that God desired of him to be, it would take him trusting in God at all times, in all places, and in all ways. 

Sing: I've got a made up mind, I've got a final destination, I'm going to keep on pressing on, to my final destination; going to burn all the brides behind me, break all the ties that bind me, going to keep on pressing on, until I reach that, home sweet home, that New Jerusalem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment