Friday, February 28, 2014

2014 February 28 - Morning Manna

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches (Revelation 3:1-6).
 
Today's Morsel: How much time do you use in proving yourself or your armor?   I think the reason so many people fall from their walk with God is that they don't spend quality time to ensure they are prepared to defend themselves against the enemy of their soul.  I hear so many born again believers, when you call them to ask how they are doing say, "Oh I am so busy!"  Really!  How can you be busy serving God?  I don't read anywhere in scriptures where the apostles of Jesus said, "Oh we are so busy!"  All I find is they were doing things, and they were so excited with joy of what the Holy Ghost was doing through them, that they just kept meeting together, fellowshipping and letting the Lord add to the church.  Even the apostle Paul, encountering all that he went through, never said he was busy.  He said, "For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God"(1 Thessalonians 2:9).  So if you are always busy, you may be working in your own strength and abilities and not under the anointing of the Holy Ghost. The Lord told the church at Sardis that they have a name that they live by, but they were dead.  They were living by the name of Jesus, but they were already burned out and the little light they had left was getting ready to go out because they had no joy and excitement in what they were doing their work was no longer perfect before God (my words).  Paul told the church at Corinth, "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall" (1 Corinthians 10:12).  If you are too busy to meet and fellowship with brothers and sister of like precious faith, you are too busy and you don't have time to strengthen that which you have left.  Remember, "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend" (Proverbs 27:17).
 
Sing: Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all; He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall: when I am sad to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so, when I am sad, He makes me glad, He's my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment