Friday, April 5, 2013

2013 April 5 - Morning Manna

As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God"
(Psalms 55:16-19)
Today's Morsel: Our current administration ran their campaign on "Change." Change is not easy and some people have a hard time adjusting and accepting change. Someone said, "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten." And so I guess that's why some are reluctant to change. All change isn't bad. I guess you could say it all boils down to how you handle it. If you do not see how change can benefit you, then most likely you are not one for it. But on the other hand, if you see that the change could offer you betterment, then you are more apt to accept it. For example, the way our forefathers had church was great. But now we have to learn how to have great church without compromising the doctrine. If your change compromises the doctrine of Jesus Christ and His apostles, you aren't going to have great church, you are going to have a mess. People who have been used to having church a certain way for a long period aren't going to accept change very easily. So if you are a leader in the church, you must be aware of that. David said that because people don't fear God they have no change. In other words, people today do not reverence and respect God, that's why we don't see a lot of change taking place in their lives. I believe we are dealing with the generation that scriptures says knows not God. Some people can attend church every week and still not change. And the reason is a lack of respect for God and the things of God. But I believe that if a person is touched from the altar, as Isaiah was, there will be a change. If we are planning to see Jesus and reign with Him forever, then there is going to have to be a change in each of us.
Sing:Change my heart, oh God, make it ever new, change my heart, oh God, may I be like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment