Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2013 April 16 - Morning Manna

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. (Job 38:1-3).
 
Today's Morsel: A few years ago, a guy wrote a song entitled, "Pants On The Ground. " Some of the lyrics were, "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." The song was written about people who were walking around with sagging pants revealing their backside. The Lord told Job to gird up his lions like a man. I wonder if Job's robe was starting to sag because of what he was going through (humor). You know sometimes when we are going through things we can start to mope and drag along. You see, real men and women don't reveal their backside. As a matter of fact, the Lord told Moses to make linen breeches for Aaron and his sons to put under their garments because he didn't want to see their nakedness. "And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach: And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him" (Exodus 28:42-43).
Breeches were pants with legs that came from the waste to the knees. They were not worn as outer garments, but they were to be under their other garments. Once we become born again, Peter says that we become part of a royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9). That means that we too are priests of this holy temple, our bodies. If we are priests, then that means our nakedness must be covered. Goodbye short pants. Hello long pants. Goodbye miniskirts, hello long skirts. No more nakedness here.
 
Sing: Cover me when I'm not strong, cover me when I am going through the storm, cover me when all seems hopeless, cover me when my faith is gone, let the peace that passes all I understand Cover Me..... Cover Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment