Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013 April 3 - Morning Manna

"And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God" (1 Samuel 30:6).
Today's Morsel: A lady said me once, "I am always so stressed." I told her to eat more desserts. She looked at me as if to say, how is that going to help me. I told her that stressed spelt backwards is desserts. So I guess if you eat more desserts it'll help your stress. She just laughed. But really, the best remedy for stress is a balanced lifestyle. When people tell me that their job and family are causing them stress, what I've found is that they don't have things in balance and in the right order. Their priorities are out of order. Usually, God isn't first, and their family isn't second. It's job first, sporting events and a second job next, family third and God fourth. Even though people may read their Bible sometime during the day, God still isn't given the first hour or minutes of the day when they awake. Their mind immediately goes to their job and what they have to do. Jesus will allow you to work in your own strength and ability until you get Him back in his rightful place. When life is out of balance, there isn't any fun in what you are doing. You begin to see it as a drudgery instead of something that you love and what rewards you. David was distressed. But what did he do? He encouraged himself in the Lord His God. When you are excited about God and His abilities, it will relieve your stress.
Sing: I've found a new way of living, I've found a new joy divine, I have the fruit of the spirit, I'm abiding, abiding in the vine. Abiding in the vine, abiding in the vine, love, joy, health, peace; He has made them mine. I have prosperity, power and victory; abiding, abiding in the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment