Monday, July 9, 2012

2012 July 9 - Morning Manna

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (Revelation 1:1-11)
Today's Morsel: The purpose of the book of Revelations is to give hope to the believers and warn us not to compromise our loyalty to God. Many people are afraid of the book of Revelations, while others have tried to use it to explain the end times and coming of the Lord. A person doesn't have to go to the book of Revelations to explain the end times and the coming of the Lord. The epistle to the churches has already explained it pretty good. For the believers, the book of Revelation should be a book of excitement and encouragement, not a book of fear and uncertainty. When I read Revelations, I don't focus on the stuff I can't explain. I don't focus on all the beasts and vials. I don't focus on plagues and beasts and what nation they may represent. I don't get concerned about how many monster heads come up or go down. I don't get wrapped up on whether the people mentioned under the altar are in white or in red. My focus on The One on the white horse. My focus is on The One who has on a vesture dipped in blood and The One who has written on His thigh, 'King of kings and Lord of Lords.' My focus on The One sitting on the throne. My focus is on The One being worshipped, because that's what I'm planning to do when I get there. My focus is on The One that John heard saying to him, 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.' My focus is Jesus. Because He's The One that died for me and The One that I'm longing to see.
Sing: And O' I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever, of His saving grace, on the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment