Thursday, July 5, 2012

2012 July 5 - Morning Manna

How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah. (Psalms 84:1-4)
Today's Morsel: Beauty should be found wherever God dwells. When we look at God's creation, scripture says that He makes all thing's beautiful in His time. Some people try to make themselves beautiful. But that beauty is only going to be temporal. When we allow God the opportunity to make us beautiful in His time, it's going to last forever. We are called the tabernacle of God. Therefore, when we understand the holiness of God, we understand the beauty of God. When we understand where God dwells, which is within us, we can understand why we are not to conform to this world. If we take on us the things of this world, pretty soon we will began to look like the world. So many are taking on the ways of the world. If I could find anything beautiful about tattooing and body piercing my body that would give God glory, then I would do it. But there is no beauty in it. If I could find anything beautiful to God in faddish and worldly dress, than I might do it. But there is no beauty in these ways of the world. The psalmist said, "How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts." In other words, how friendly and pleasant it is to be with. Are you friendly and pleasant to be with? When people see you, does it put a smile on their face? Do you bring joy to them when they see you coming, or do they want to run and hide? We are God's dwelling place in this earth and it will be our actions and attitudes that display Jesus to this world. What do they see in you?
Sing: I see Jesus in your eyes and it makes me love you. I feel Jesus in your touch and I know you care. I hear Jesus in your voice and makes me listen, I see Him in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment