Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2012 July 3 - Morning Manna

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
(Romans 11:1-10)
Today's Morsel: Sometimes we may feel as though God is rejecting His church because it seems as though the world is getting an upper hand. Even though many may be feeling a sense of rejection, God hasn't rejected us. Paul said that God hasn't forgotten us. Even though it may sometimes feel that God isn't close to us, He promises to be as close as the mention of His name. As long as we have breathe, we can still ask God for His help in times of need. When Elijah felt that he was the only one left, God told him, "I have seven thousand that has not bowed down nor kissed Baal." And even now, as you may think that you are the only one who is living right and doing right, God is smiling and saying, "If you only knew. If you only knew what I know, then you would understand how much love I have for you." As the writer of Hebrews tells us, "But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise" (Hebrews 6:9-15). Hang in there, God will come through for you.
Sing: I'm a soldier, in God's army and I'm fighting, I'm claiming victory, I will not give up, I will not turn around, I'm a soldier marching heaven bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment