Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2012 June 28 - Morning Manna

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. (Acts 9:1-6)


Today's Morsel: I always like to ask people to tell me about their conversion to becoming a Christian. Where were you and what happened? Surprisingly, some people don't like to talk about their religion nor their personal conversion. I would think, and I don't care the denomination one belongs to, that if Jesus saved me, I would be telling someone else about it and not hiding one second of it. It's amazing to me the number of people who call themselves Christians and never tell anyone about Christ Jesus. When the apostle Paul was met by Jesus on the road to Damascus, he asked two questions. "Who art thou, Lord?" and "What wilt thou have me to do?" But Jesus knew that before Paul (Saul) could do what He wanted him to do, Paul (Saul) had to be born again of the water and the spirit. This is why he was sent to the street called straight so Ananias could baptize him and he could receive the Holy Ghost. After his new birth experience, Paul went everywhere preaching Christ Jesus and Him crucified. And Scripture says that when he was in Athens, "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring" (Acts 17:22-28). He told the church at Rome, "I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:14-17). Don't say that you are a Christian if you aren't telling others about the One who saved you, Jesus!


Sing: We are not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation. And it's to everyone! Everyone, that believes it. And it's to everyone! Everyone, that receives it. We shall have, everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment