Monday, June 18, 2012

2012 June 18 - Morning Manna

And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? (Luke 11:5-13).
Today's Morsel: Our pride can keep us from asking for what we need. We may have grown up in a family where we were consistently ignored or disappointed. Perhaps our needs were seldom met. S ome of us may have reacted by becoming self-sufficient and we made a decision to never ask anyone else for help again. We became so hurt that we purposed in our hearts to never ask anyone to help us for fear of being let down and hurt again. And so we harden our hearts and live as though we don't need anything for fear of rejection again. It's this type of pride that will hold us back from asking God to help us to deal with situations and shortcomings in our lives. It can even keep us from being born again of the water and the spirit. Pride can destroy a life, if we let it. The same pride that causes a person with a Mercedes to park in the front of the church is the same pride that makes the person driving the car with the widows held up with duct tape park in the back! Pride is pride. Jesus tells us that we have not because we ask not. He said, "Ask and ye shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be open unto you." We have to get to the place where we get over our prideful ways and trust God at all cost. He isn't like everyone else. He works on faith and trust and He wants you to have the best things in life. He will never let us down.
Sing: I lean on You, Lord! I lean on You, Lord! For the things that I need, I lean on You. When I don't know, just what to do, I've got the faith You're going to see me through; You supply my every need and I lean on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment