Friday, June 22, 2012

2012 June 22 - Morning Manna

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Today's Morsel: I was watching this police documentary about how people commit and get away with robbery. The conclusion was that most of them have someone on the inside aiding them in their efforts to pull off such crimes. In other words, there is someone inside that works in the bank or store that is helping them. When we turn to the New Testament church, Paul said that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost ( 1 Corinthians 3:16). With the Holy Ghost inside of us, we have a helper to aid us in pulling off the things that we desire to do. The Holy Ghost is our helper. The Writer of Hebrews says, "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted" Hebrews 2:18). Jesus said: " And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:16-18; 23). We have this Comforter on the inside to help us overcome fear, loneliness, hardship, pain, and suffering. It's an inside job. Thank God He is working on the inside to ensure that I make the right choices and right decisions.
Sing: I 've got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, O' what a change in my life. I've got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, O' what a change in my life. I've got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, O' what a change in my life, O' what a change, in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment