Monday, April 30, 2012

2012 April 30 - Morning Manna

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving (1 Timothy 4:1-4).
Today's Morsel: What would you say is the number one reason for Christian failure? What would you say are some reasons that Christians backslide and quit serving God? Now, let's look in the mirror and ask ourselves, "Why I am struggling?" Oh yes, I know that some of you are struggling in your walk. You may have even thought about quitting and may even have one foot already in the world. How can I say that? Because I have been there before. Sometimes those days just seem to get inside of you. Someone says something we don't like. Our church isn't growing as fast as we would like. Leadership disagreements. Family issues. You're the only family in your area. Or even more, you are the only one in your family serving God. Everybody seems to be looking at you weird because you don't dress like they do. The list could go on and on. Some of you probably feel like David running from Saul or Absalom. You wish you had wings so you could fly away. Do you know how you can stop struggling in your walk? You make up your mind to serve God at all cost no matter what. Listen to these scriptures:
"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice" (Psalms 55:16-17).
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places" (Habakkuk 3:17-19).
So we can see that the ball is in our court and it is up to us to serve. So stop giving heed to the devil and start serving God with your whole heart and the pieces of the puzzle will stay in place.
Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for me. I know that Lord will make a way for me. If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right, I know that Lord will make a way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment