Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 April 13 - Morning Manna

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:51-58)
Today's Morsel: I like games that dealss with mystery. There is something about trying to figure out the unknown that intrigues me. Paul told Timothy, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16). He said having the divine qualities of God is a mystery. This could be why so many people have trouble with holiness. They don't search the scriptures to see what it is. God is holy. Therefore we who say that we are Christians must be holy as well. But you will never be holy until you know who Jesus is for yourself. Many have questioned how could Jesus be both God and man. Paul said it was a mystery. Yet scripture bear it out. To understand a mystery, you have to search for the meaning. Paul further stated, "I show you another mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" Are you ready for the rapture? "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" Jesus said. (Matthew 24:44)
Sing: Ain't no grave, gonna hold my body down! Ain't no grave, gonna hold my body down!
1. When I hear the trumpet sounding in the sky, I'm gonna get up! get up! gonna get up out that ground. Ain't no grave, gonna hold my body down!
2. Well, meet me Jesus, meet me. Meet me in the middle of the air, and if these wings don't fail me I will meet you anywhere. Cause Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down.
3. Well, look way down the river, what do you think I see? I see a band of angels and they're coming after me. Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down, There ain't no grave gonna hold my body down.
4. When I hear the trumpet sounding in the sky and the mountains trembling to heaven I will fly, for Jesus will b be calling, there'll be no time to mend, with joy I'll go up singing, I've held out to the end; and ain't to grave, gonna hold my body down.
5. Well look way over Jordan all the saints are dressed in white, they are the ones who kept their lives right. Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down, There ain't no grave can hold my body down!
Cause I'm gonna get up, get up, get up out of that ground. Ain't no grave, gonna hold my body down!

No comments:

Post a Comment