Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 April 2 - Morning Manna

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(Ezekiel 36:26-27)
Today's Morsel:I can remember observing my first autopsy. What an interesting procedure. Being able to look inside of a human body and see all the organs and how they were connected was very intriguing. Many people today have heart problems and are on a list for a transplant. There is no telling how long they will have to wait for a donor to come through for them. And each day they wait, there is a chance of their current heart failing or stopping altogether. When we turn to the church, many people have heart problems and don't know it. And then there are many who are on the waiting list for such a transplant. Your heart is your mind, your intellect, your total being. The Lord told Ezekiel that a new heart will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you. The new heart is a new way of thinking and the spirit is the Holy Ghost. Once God places his Spirit within us, it causes us to see things in a different light. Our attitudes are different. Our walk is made new. Our ability to think and reason correctly are enhanced. Our total outlook on life is refreshed. Ask yourself, do I awake each day thinking the same old way? Do I see my job as boring and uncertain? Do I see attending church as boring and mundane? Do I have an lack of joy, peace, love, and contentment in my life? If you answered yes to anyone of these, get on Jesus' list for an immediate heart transplant, because your current heart is about to fail you.
Sing: Search me, O' God, and know my heart today; try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray; see if there be some wicked way in me; cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment