Thursday, April 7, 2011

2011 April 7 - Morning Manna

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God (Luke 12:16-21).
  
Today's Morsel:  Do you take for granted the granted?  Do you think that every day will be just like the day before?  Have you considered eternity lately?  We got a call from our bank that our credit card had been compromised.  Someone had tried to use it to purchase a ticket to Mexico.  After owning this card for over a decade, someone was able to access it.  We had, in most part, taken for granted that this would never happen to us.  But wrong we were.  But thinks be to God for a banking system and the airline agency we use that saw and caught the error.  In many cases, we take so many things for granted.  We think our health will always be good.  We think that our finances will always be good.  We think that our spouse will always love us.  We think that our job will be there until retirement.  We think that our children will always live for the Lord and do right.  We think that all born again believers will do right.  And we often think those who are suppose to be professionals will be professional and do what they know is right.  All these granteds we take can be a letdown and a heart breaker when they don't come to be true.  Jesus told the parable of a rich man whose land brought forth plentifully.  And the man thought within himself saying, "What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?  And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."   No one would judge the man for doing what he intended to do.   If we have more then we have room for, we have to expand and build bigger or waste what God has provided to us.  The issue isn't the barn building, the issue is he wasn't expecting to die any time soon and had made no previsions for heaven.  And so Jesus is really speaking to us.  He's warning us and cautioning us to be ready for His coming.  Because no man knows the minute nor the hour when Jesus will come.  Are you ready? Have you considered eternity lately?  You need to plan as though He isn't coming for a thousand years, but you need to act as though He's coming this very moment.

Sing: I'm getting ready to leave this place.  I'm getting ready for the gates of pearls.  Keeping my record right, watching both day and night, well I'm getting ready to leave this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment