Friday, April 15, 2011

2011 April 15 - Morning Manna

And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
(Exodus 33:12-15)

Today's Morsel:  Moses seems to have a good relationship with God.  It seems that Moses is able to talk to God face to face and to present his case to God.  Moses seems to be able to seek God in having Him change His mind when it comes to the children of Israel.  Moses knows that God loves this people and that God has their very best interest at heart.  But because of the people's continual stiffneckedness, Moses finds himself constantly before God interceding for this people.  God is so fed up with the people, that He tells Moses, "I'll send an angel before you, Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way" (Exodus 33:3-4).  To get God this angry, these people must have been really bad.  But because Moses had a relationship with God, and through his life of humility, he was able to again present his case to God.  And Moses calls God on His promise to him.  He said, "Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence."   Moses said, God if you aren't going with, then don't take us either.  What a divine display of love for God and His people.  Talk about an intercessor.  One man, Moses, who was willing to interceded for others.  One man who realized the importance of God's presence on and during the journey.  One man who knew what it meant to have God leading and guiding them.  One man, Moses, who was willing to hold God to His promise. What about you?  Are you willing to lead a life that so you can talk open and face to face with God?  When we pray, it shouldn't be repetitious, but we should be able to be open before God and talk with Him face to face.  David said, "The Lord grant all thy petitions."  God knows what He's told us.  Now, it is up to us to hold Him to His word, but we must be obedient to what He has asked us to do and not in a rebellious state.

Sing: Lead me, Lord, I will follow. Lead me, Lord, I will go. You have called me, I will answer, lead me, Lord, I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment