Monday, November 25, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 November 2019


Confidence in Prayer

A Psalm of David. Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.(Psalms 25:1-5)


Today’s Morsel:  When is the last time you really poured out your soul to the Lord?  We must draw nigh to Him with a true heart fervently.  unless our heart is lifted-up to Him, the lifting-up of our eyes or hands in prayer is of no avail.  David informs us, “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.(Psalms 34:18)  We must come before Him in a humble and meek state.  We should never be ashamed to express our inner feelings to God.  He has our best interest at heart, and He is our best friend.  So why not allow Him to show us the way and teach us the right path that we should walk in? "'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say.  I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” (Alice Walker)

Sing: Unto thee O’ Lord, do I lift up my soul. Unto thee O’ Lord, do I lift up my soul.  O’ my God, I trust in Thee, let me not be ashamed let not my enemy triumph over me.

Thought For Today: Humility … getting down off your high horse. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment