Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 January 23

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.” (Matthew 23:9-12).

Today’s Morsel:  I don’t think that I can ever remember calling my earthly father, "father".  We either called him dad or pop, but never father.   Jesus said that we should call no man father upon the earth, for one is your Father, which is in heaven.  And we can’t have two fathers.  John said, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one” (1 John 5:7).  As Jesus told Phillip when he inquired of Him, “Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake” (John 14:8-11).  Jesus said that only one is your father and He is in Heaven.  What a wonderful and loving father we all have.  

Sing: Heavenly Father I appreciate You. Heavenly Father I appreciate You.  I love You, adore You, I bow down before You.  Heavenly Father I appreciate You.

Thought For Today:  “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment