Saturday, January 13, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 January 13

"Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak” (Psalms 12:1-2).

Today’s Morsel:  I preached a message many years ago from this passage entitled, “Where Have All The Good Men Gone?”  My wife and daughter still joke about it today because at the time they say the title was a downer; perhaps it was the setting!   I usually try to preach with edification as I know that folks need encouragement, but I may have to preach it again because this scripture seems to be on center stage in the church as well as in the world today.  God told Ezekiel, “And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none” (Ezekiel 22:30).  You see, to be a godly man is to reflect Jesus Christ in one’s life.  It is to be a man that will stand upon every vow that he takes.  It is to be a man with integrity and uprightness.  It is to be a man with strong character and commitment to follow Christ. It is to be a man that will lead his family in all the ways of God.  If you fit the above categories, you are a godly man and the one that God and the world need and are looking for.  We need good and godly men in our world today.  I ask again today, Where have all the good men gone?   

Sing:  To be like Jesus. To be like Jesus. On earth I long to be like Him.  All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought For Today: His character is reflected in your actions (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment