Saturday, January 6, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 January 6

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Today’s Morsel:  Why is it that we put our trust in things and others over God?  We get into an airplane, fly at 35,000 feet in the air, trusting the aircraft and pilot and give it no thought.  We get into our automobiles, drive 70-80 Miles Per Hour, trusting in the tires, brakes, and other gadgets and don’t give it a second thought.  We go to the doctor, listen to what they say, allow them to tell us what to do, then take and we trust their opinion.  Yet when it comes to God, who has our best at heart, died so that we could live,  we question His existence and His ability to heal, deliver, provide, and save. We fret and worry over situations that come our way, rather than trust that He has a purpose and a plan and has our expected end in mind.  We must get to the point that we trust God always and not lean unto our own understanding. 

Sing:  I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the raging sea.  For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father, watches over, over me.  And I trust in God, I know He cares for me, upon the land, or on the stormy sea.  For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over me.

Thought For Today:  Trust God. He knows what He’s doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment