Friday, May 27, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 May 27

Then the chief captain came, and said unto him, Tell me, art thou a Roman? He said, Yea. And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born.
(Acts 22:27-28)

Today’s Morsel:  I hear in the media many people who say that they are still in slavery.  Trapped because of where they live or the requirements placed upon them because of their wrong doing.  So many seem to be enslaved to themselves.  Slavery and feeling trapped is caused by one’s own self.  Slavery and feeling trapped is in the mind.  We can learn contentment even in a place that we do not want to be.  And if we have contentment we can be free.  What would you do if you would have had to pay for your freedom?  Would you have enough money to pay for it? Aren’t you glad that Jesus took care of that for you so that you would not have to worry about it?  Scripture says, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free… If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed” (John 8:31-32-36).  The only way you can be free is to obey the word of God.  By all accounts, the chief captain payed for his freedom.  But Paul told him that he was free born, meaning his new birth in Jesus Christ made him free.  Do you feel as though you are trapped and in slavery? Well, Jesus came that you might be made free.  If you will obey His word, you will see that you can be made free.

Sing:  I wanna clap a little louder than before, I wanna sing a little louder than before,  (Ooh)
I wanna jump higher than before, I wanna shout louder than before, yeah.   
Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom; God thank you for freedom!
Freedom; freedom; freedom (I love you Jesus), freedom;  freedom!

Thought For Today: A good man is satisfied from himself. (King Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment