Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 May 11

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Psalms 37:25)

Today’s Morsel: Why does it seem that the older we get the more we know?  How many times have you said to yourself, "I sure wish that I had known that when I was younger, then I would not have done what I did?"  Or, "If I could turn back the hands of time I would have chosen a different career path, traveled more, saved more, and prepared more for the future."  As time passes us and we get older, we do see things clearer then when we were younger.  We gain wisdom and understanding through our life’s experiences, hardships, and circumstances.  David draws our attention to God’s promises of not forsaking us nor leaving us.  He said, “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread” (Psalms 37:25).  You don’t have to wait until you are older to realize that God keeps His promises. Just believe and you will receive. 

Sing: You may be down today, but help is on the way.  Dark clouds may dim your skies, but He’ll answer you by and by.  He'll drive away all your fears, I know cuz He's been with me down through the years.  And I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging for bread.  

Thought For Today:  Old age is a sign of God’s promises (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment