Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 May 4

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. (Revelation 2:8-10)

Today’s Morsel: I have attended many retirement ceremonies.  And I always hear about how the person retiring was committed and dedicate to their duties.  How they were faithful and endured during the hard times, sacrificing themselves for others, the organization, and the cause.  The individual is usually given a plaque or a gift for their service.  In so many ways, this is what Jesus is saying. If you stay faithful to the duty and ministry that He has called you to, when you retire from this life, He will give you a crown of life that will not fade away.  And when He gives the speech about you at your retirement, He will not only say that you were committed, dedicated, and faithful, but He will say, "This is my son or daughter in whom I am well pleased."

Sing: He’s been faithful, faithful, to me, His love and  mercy I see. Though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He's been faithful, faithful, to me.

Thought For Today: The “Crown of Life” trumps all other awards for service (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment