Thursday, October 15, 2015

2015 October 15 - Morning Manna

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God"
 (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1)

Today's Morsel:  If I had to choose which sport I like best it would probably be football.  And that is because I played the game.  But in the game of football, both offense and defense can be flagged for certain infractions.  Some of the infractions are:  Offsides, holding, tripping,  premeditated celebration, and excessive celebration.  Let me share with you how they apply to the church.  OFFSIDES:  If you are yoked with unbelievers, fellowshipping with the unrighteous,  in a relationship with darkness, and eating at Satan's table, you are guilty of being offsides.  HOLDING: If you aren't paying tithes, giving offerings, and you are clutching your purse or wallet when offering time comes, you are guilty of holding.  TRIPPING: If you think darkness is light and light is darkness, and you think you can do what the world does and make it to heaven, you are tripping. PREMEDITATED CELEBRATION:  If you make up your mind to skip church to go to the game, go to some amusement park, or go do anything other than being at the house of God, you are guilty of premeditated celebration. EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION:  This penalty should be thrown on every Christian every day.   When we think of the goodness of Jesus and all He has done for us, our souls should cry out HALLELUJAH, praise God for saving me.

Sing: When I think of the goodness of Jesus, and all He has done for me, my soul cries out, hallelujah, praise God for saving me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment