Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2014 April 9 - Morning Manna

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.   (Psalms 136:1)
 
 
Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you to describe how good God is, what would you tell them?  Do you ever stop and consider just how good He is to you?  When I was a kid, our neighbor had one of the best and sweetest "June Sweet Apple Trees" there was.   Those apples were always so sweet and juicy.  That taste still radiates in my mouth when I think of them.  To me, that's how Jesus is.  Once you taste Him, you will never forget that taste ever again. Once you are drinking from that fountain of living water, you're never going to forget how it quenches your thirst. Once you've had a true dose of the Holy Ghost, you are not going to forget it.  The psalmist said, "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him"(Psalms 34:8).  Why would he go out of his way to write about how good God is for us?   Why did Moses instruct the children of Israel that when they came into the promise land not to forget God?  One of the things about God's goodness is that it is forever and it is for everyone. Why did David write, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life?" Because he understood the goodness of God.  He understood how kind and righteous God was.  He had seen it first hand in his life. If you are reading this, God's goodness has been extended to you.  No matter what you are going through in your life right now, it still does not negate God's goodness toward you.  Jeremiah wrote, "Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him"(Lamentations 3:19-25).  If we learn how to wait upon the Lord, we will see just how good He truly is.
 
Sing:  I'm learning how to lean and depend on Jesus.  He's my friend and He's my God.  I'm learning how to lean, and depend on Jesus, I found out, if I will trust Him, He will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment