Monday, April 28, 2014

2014 April 28 - Morning Manna

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20)
 
Today's Morsel: When I was in the Army, we went through a period where all of our training has to be according to the Army's "Battalion Training Management System" (BTMS).  During this training, each class of instruction required you to have a subject, purpose, explanation, demonstration, application, test, and review.  I often wonder if in the church if  everyone knows the purpose for what is being preached and taught. I think all pastors teachings and preachings main goal is to save lives. But many may not understand the correct way. When you depart from every church service, you should know the reason you were there.  If not, you wasted your time attending.  If you didn't leave with something to help you sustain life, motivate you, or direct you, you either missed the message, or it wasn't clearly given.  Paul said that the gospel was the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16). The gospel is designed to save your life and to give you the assurance you need to make it to heaven.   If when you leave a church service you don't feel like doing everything in your power to make it to heaven, then you  need to study to show yourself approved unto God as a workman and not to be ashamed. You must rightly divide the word of truth. What I've learned over my life about training, is if you give me the reason, demonstrate it to me, and require me to do it, I'll never forget it.   As Paul told the church at Philippi, "Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."(Philippians 4:9)
 
Sing: No one ever cared for me like Jesus, there's no other friend so kind as he: No one else could take the sin and darkness from me, O how much he cared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment