Thursday, November 8, 2012

2012 November 8 - Morning Manna

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake" (John 14:1-11).
Today's Morsel: Someone said that marriage is like a deck of cards, you begin with two hearts and a diamond, but if you don't live it the way that God planned it you'll end up with two clubs and a spade. (Humor).
Do you know who you are with? Some people are with people and they have no idea as to who they are. They say, "I didn't know he was like that, because if I had known I wouldn't have ever married him." Or they say, "I didn't know he had a gun and was going to rob the place, he took me totally by surprise." Or we may hear, "I can't believe she told her what I said." Young girls and young boys are trapped into prostitution because they didn't know the person they were with. Men and women and boys and girls are doing time in jail and prison for drug deals and robbery all because they didn't know who they were with. Divorce is on the rise because people didn't know the person they were marrying. Paul told the church at Thessalonica, "And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you...." (1 Thessalonians 5:12). Solomon said that you need to make sure your friends. The woman at the well, in John chapter 4, didn't know who she was talking to. The same was true of the men on the road to Emmaus, in Luke 24; and Phillip didn't seem to know either. And so when he asked Jesus to show them the Father, Jesus said, Come on Phillip, have I been so long time with you and you don't know me. If anyone should know who I am it should be you. You were there when I feed the multitude when I asked you where we were going to get bread to feed them. You were in the boat when I calmed the storm. You were there when I raised Lazarus from the dead. So if anyone should know who I am, it should be you. So why are you asking me to show you the Father. And if you don't want to believe it because I said that I am God, then believe me for what you see me doing" (my wording). Paul told Timothy, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory"(1 Timothy 3:16). Do you know who you are with? What about the one you are worshipping? "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" Jesus said (John 8:24).
Sing: The Mighty God is Jesus, The Prince of peace is He, The Everlasting Father, The King Eternally, The Wonderful in Wisdom, by who all things were made, the fullness of the Godhead in Jesus is displayed.
It's all in Him! It's all in Him! The fullness of the Godhead it's all in Him. It's all in Him! It's all in Him! The Mighty God is Jesus and it's all in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment