Friday, November 23, 2012

2012 November 23 - Morning Manna

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:11-16)
Today's Morsel: I carry a cross in my pocket a simple reminder to me of the fact that I am a Christian no matter where I may be. This little cross is not magic, nor is it a good luck harm. It isn't meant to protect me from every physical harm. It's not for identification for all the world to see,. It's simply an understanding between my Savior and me. When I put my hand in my pocket to bring out a coin or reach in to get a key, the cross is there to remind me of the price He paid for me. It reminds me, too, to be thankful for my blessings day by day and to strive to serve Him better in all that I do and say. It's also a daily reminder of the peace and comfort I am to share with others, so that they can come to know my Master and give themselves to His care. So, I carry a cross in my pocket reminding no one but me, that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life if only I'll let Him be.
"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" Paul said (1 Corinthians 1:18). So many do not have an understanding of the cross. Even Nicodemus was awestruck by it, and many continue to be yet today. The cross is a reminder of the free gift of life that only Jesus gives. Do you have yours?
Sing: At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light and the burden of my heart rolled away. It was there by faith, I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment