Saturday, November 17, 2012

2012 November 17 - Morning Manna

"My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue, LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am" (Psalms 39:3-4)
Today's Morsel: You know, I've noticed that most Christian's talk about heaven but not too many seem to excited to go. Even Hezekiah, when told by Isaiah that God said that he was going to die and not live wanted to hang around a little longer. He had lived right before, but at that moment his house wasn't in order and he knew it. And so he said, maybe I've got a little reserve in the bank for my good years. But it wasn't because of his good but because of His repentance that God extended his life (Isaiah 38:1-8). The psalmist said, "LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am." Have you stopped to realize how frail we are. Even though we are fearfully and wonderful made, we are still frail. A wrong turn and we can destroy a knee, hip or back. An accident could put us in a wheel chair for life. The psalmist wanted to know. He wanted to know so he could either stay on track or fix the problems to get back on track. James tells us that our life is but a vapor. We are here for just a short time. From the time we are born we are heading toward the finish line. And because we don't know how long the race is, we have to give it our best every day. Job said, "Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not"(Job 14:1-2). God doesn't let us know our end. He said, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:42-44). I promise you, if you walk in the light as He is the Light, you won't have to worry about your end, you'll finish just fine. And here's why. "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12).
Sing: He's coming soon, He's coming soon; with joy we'll welcome His returning; it may be morn, it may be night or noon, we know He's coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment