Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 January 6 - Morning Manna

"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever" (Psalms 73:25-26)



Today's Morsel:  Health issues seem to take center stage these days. Many people are sick and don't know what the causes are.  Many want answers to their ailments, but don't seem to be able to locate the solution to their problem.  The Psalmist said, "My flesh and my heart faileth."  Was he sick?  Was his mind troubled?  Were there things that were coming against him that he didn't understand?   Job said that that thing which he greatly feared had come upon him ( Job 3:25-26).   Our flesh is not designed to last forever.  Peter tells us that this earthen tabernacle (tent) must one day fold up.  "Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me"(2 Peter 1:14).  Even Moses told us, "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away" (Psalms 90:10).  So no matter the pain, suffering, aliments, and even infirmities, that may bring with it a lack of strength, vitality and weakness, we still need to say as the Psalmist, "Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee... for God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever."

  

Sing: God is the joy and the strength of my life, removes all pain, misery and strife, He promised to keep me, never to leave me, He'll never ever come short of His Word.  I've got to fast and pray, stay in the narrow way, I'll keep my life clean every day, I want to go with Him when He comes back, I've come too far and I'll never turn back.



God is, God is, God is, God is my all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment