Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 January 18 - Morning Manna

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.(Acts 2:38-39)
Today's Morsel: It has been stated that kids do not forget the things you tell them that you will do for them. And I know this to be true from firsthand experience. I have had each of my kids say to me, "Dad you said," or "Dad you promised" and I have to follow through. When Jesus told His disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they received the promise, (And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high) (Luke 24:49), they went to Jerusalem and waited for what Jesus said they would receive. And they were not disappointed because Acts 2:1-4 reveals that the promise was the Holy Ghost. Boy! What a promise. When Peter preached and told the people that the same promise that Jesus made to them was also for them and their children as well, some of them wanted it. When God makes us promises, He keeps them. The same way that Jesus didn't just die for those during the time He was on earth, but for us that would come later, and should the Lord tarry, for everyone else that will be born in years to come. The writer of Hebrews said, "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec" (Hebrews 6:13-20). Have you received the Holy Ghost since you have believed? It was promised to you by God over 2,000 years ago. God hasn't changed. His promise will always be there for you. Jesus said, "If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"(Luke 11:11-13). May I suggest that you ask Him for it.
Sing: I've got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible says. I've got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible says. And I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now, I've got to make it to heaven somehow, cause I'm so satisfied, Cause I've got the Holy Ghost living inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment