Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 January 19 - Morning Manna

And Abishai the brother of Joab, he was chief of the three: for lifting up his spear against three hundred, he slew them, and had a name among the three. Of the three, he was more honourable than the two; for he was their captain: howbeit he attained not to the first three. Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done many acts; he slew two lionlike men of Moab: also he went down and slew a lion in a pit in a snowy day. (1 Chronicles 11:20-22)


Today's Morsel: When I was in the Army, I was sent to Alaska for Northern Warfare Training. This training was designed to train us and develop us for fighting our enemies in snowy, cold, and arctic weather and environments. I will tell you that this is one soldier who was glad when this training was over. I don't think I have ever fallen so much, eaten as much snow, and kissed as many trees as I did trying to learn to ski. Thank God for snowshoes and skis for moving in and through snow. It's tough fighting in this kind of environment. My son gave me a book for Christmas entitled, " In the Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day." Even before I began to read it, the title grasped my heart and brought back memories of my training in Alaska. I thought to myself, "What kind of person would get into a pit with a lion on a snowy day?" A lion's paws are designed to prevent him from slipping in this pit, but not man's feet even with the proper footwear. The lion would already have the advantage. But then I thought to myself, "What was Benaiah trying to prove." Many people are doing just that. They are jumping into a pit with the enemy of their soul not realizing that he has the advantage. They are trying to fighting while standing in snow. Snow is slippery and mushy. You can easily fall and your opponent can obtain the advantage over you. Peter said that Satan is as a roaring lion and we can only defeat him by standing fast in the faith (1 Peter 5:8-9). So let me encourage you, if you decide to get into the pit and take Satan on, make sure you're prepared with the Word of God and that your faith is solid.


Sing: My God is so big! so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do. My God is so big! so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.

The mountains are His, the rivers are His, the stars are His handy work too. My God is so big! so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.

No comments:

Post a Comment