Saturday, April 9, 2011

2011 April 9 - Morning Manna

What is my strength, that I should hope? and what is mine end, that I should prolong my life? Is my strength the strength of stones? or is my flesh of brass? Is not my help in me? and is wisdom driven quite from me? (Job 6:11-13)

Today's Morsel:  Do you ever feel as though you've lost your strength?  One of the things I learned in the military was that it's always mind over matter.  No matter how hard things were, if I didn't let it get to my mind, I was alright.  But as soon as I said to myself, "I can't," I would easily quit and give up and give in.  Job asked, "What is my strength, that I should hope? And what is mine end, that I should prolong my life?  Just what is your strength?  Isaiah said that the Lord Jehovah is an everlasting strength (Isaiah 26:4).  David said that God is our strength (Psalms 46:1).  Having an understanding here, gives us a deeper understanding to Job question, "Is not my help in me?"  When we understand what our strength is, and who our strength is, and who is within side of us, we understand where our help is.  Inside of us.  The Holy Ghost inside of you is your help, the comforter that Jesus said would come.   Jesus said, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:23).  He told the woman at  the well in John chapter 4, "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:14).   Your help is inside of you.   Paul told Timothy, "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands" (2 Timothy 1:6).  Peter said that if we repent and are baptized in the name of Jesus, God would fill us with the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).  If you feel as though you are losing your strength, or your strength is gone, why not stir up the gift that is within you.  When you add prayer, reading the Word, worship, and praise together, strength is bound to reignite itself and get you back on fire. Care to give it a try?
  
Sing:  My life is in you Lord, my strength is in you Lord, my hope, is in you Lord, it's in you, it's in you.
I will praise you with all of my life.  I will praise you with all of my strength, all of my life, all of my strength, all of my hope is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment