Friday, April 8, 2011

2011 April 8 - Morning Manna

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came. (Job 3:25-26)

Today's Morsel:  How do you handle unexpected troubles?  What do you do when your car doesn't start?  What do you do when your teenager comes in and says, "Mom! Dad! I need to talk with you, I'm pregnant."  What do you do when you get a pink slip that tells you your job is over?  What do you do when death knocks on your door?  Job was a man that reverenced God.  Job loved God.  He did things that were right before God.  But even in all his righteousness, trouble still came into his life. I t rains on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45).  The Apostle Paul said that we are troubled on every side (2 Corinthians 4:8).  Why do we see it as trouble when it comes and not a blessing?  Why do we see it as distress, anxiety, and a hassle in-lieu-of  a change in our thinking and direction?  Job said that thing which I greatly feared has come upon me.  Like so many, even Job feared the loss of his health, the death of his children, and the loss of his material possessions.  Job was human the same as the rest of us.  So what is the key to enduring trouble when they come?  Well, Peter tells us to cast all our cares upon the Lord.  James tells us to count it all joy when we fall into divers temptations.  Paul tells us that it's only for a moment and that it's working a more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.  But Jesus said, "Fret not little flock, for it is your fathers good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  So when trouble comes, don't allow it to deter you, but stay focused and keeping worshipping God. The psalmist said, "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (Psalms 91:14-16).

Sing: Trials dark on every hand and we cannot understand, all the ways that God will lead us to that blessed promised land, but He'll guide us with His eye, and we'll follow till we die, we will understand it better by and by.
By and by when the morning come, when all the saints of God are gathering home, we will tell the story, how we've overcome, and we'll understand it better by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment