Saturday, November 13, 2010

2010 November 13 - Morning Manna

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
(Proverbs 24:10)

Today's Morsel: "Quitters never win and winners never quit."  I'm sure you've heard that quote.  But why are so many winners quitting? You see those who are born again or winners, but yet today, we see so many of them are quitting.  I'm not talking about quitting a career, a profession, or even a position in the church.  I'm talking about how people are just giving up on God.  They are throwing in the towel and walking away.  For some reason, they have become weary in well doing.  I think that weariness has been caused by a shadowed prayer life.  When Jesus told Peter to watch and pray, that he enter not into temptation; He told him, "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41). When you quit, you have been over-come by the temptation called "Quit."  I'm sure many of you have faced this enemy of your soul.  He's always going to be there when you are working for the Lord.  Let me show you how he works.  This spirit will tell you to Quit trying to be so holy; Quit trying to be Miss/Mr. Goodytwoshoes; Quit trying to be so perfect; Quit trying to make people like you;  Quit talking about Jesus all the time; Quit wasting your time on those people, they don't won't to hear about Jesus anyway.  And the spirit to quit will over power you if you don't pray. Solomon said that if you quit in the day of adversity, your strength is small.  Do you need to exercise your faith more?  Jude said that we need to build up ourselves in our most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost (Jude 20).  If you are going to be strong in the Lord, you have to pray without ceasing and give thanks in everything.  Jesus said that if you pray you won't quit.  This is because the more you pray, the more you will see the need to keep doing the right things in your life.

Sing:  I'm learning how to lean, and depend on Jesus.  He's my friend, and He's my guide.  I'm learning how to lean, and depend on Jesus; I found out, if I trust Him, He will provide!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a quitter but my strength is drawn to a new phase of attack.

    ReplyDelete