Monday, November 1, 2010

2010 November 1 - Morning Manna

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows (1 Timothy 6:6-10).

Today's Morsel: Are you content with your life?  We like to say, “Change my circumstances and then I’ll be happy.”  James says, “Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you."  If I allow God to get close to me, He will take care of my circumstances.   We have to learn to serve God where we are until He clearly calls us elsewhere.  It’s not wrong to better yourself, but more money or a new position doesn’t necessarily mean a better situation nor a change in your outlook.  Jesus said, "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you." That’s the key to coming into the knowledge and knowing God’s will.  If I’m going to live for God, I can do that at any place or at any location.  I use to have people ask me, "How can you serve God in the military?" And I would reply, "The same way you serve God at Wal-mart, K-mart, Burger King or at any other location, I made up my mind."  You see, I can be content driving a Dodge or Cadillac; while living in a nice home or a military tent.  I can be content serving God whether I'm in Okinawa Japan, or 29 palms  California.  I can serve God single or married.  It doesn’t matter. The ball is in my court and I can choose to serve or let it pass.  It's up to me.  Therefore, I conclude that, contentment is totally up to me.   So the issue is not God nor is it my circumstances, but me, myself, and I.  It doesn't matter if ya person a cook, cleaner, clerk, painter, bank teller, washes the sheets, keeps the lawn, tends the animals, or serves the meals and bus tables, etc.  What does it matter what we are asked to do?  Nothing!  All children of God are honored in His sight no matter what our occupataion or location in this life.  Jesus said, "But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do" (Luke 17:9-10).   So no matter your location or your position in life, keep your eyes on Jesus and keep Him first in your life.  Do all heartily as on to the Lord, and just say that was my duty and then you will be content.

Sing: I am, so satisfied!  I am, so satisfied! With my Savior, He means more to me than anything, anything, that this world could ever offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment