Thursday, November 11, 2010

2010 November 11 - Morning Manna

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Today's Morsel:   I watched the flag pass by one day, it fluttered in the breeze; a young Marine saluted it, and then he stood at ease.  I looked at him in uniform, so young, so tall, so proud; With hair cut square and eyes alert, he'd stand out in any crowd.  I thought ... how many men like him, had fallen through the years?  How many died on foreign soil?  How many mothers' tears?   How many pilots' planes shot down?  How many died at sea?  How many foxholes were soldiers' graves?  No ... Freedom is not free.   I heard the sound of Taps one night, when everything was still; I listened to the buglar play, and felt a sudden chill; I wondered just how many times that Taps had meant "Amen," When a flag had draped a coffin of a brother or a friend; I thought of all the children, of the mothers and the wives, of fathers, sons and husbands ... with interrupted lives.  I thought about a graveyard, at the bottom of the sea, of unmarked graves in Arlington ... No ... Freedom is not free!  
 
Freedom isn't free.  And today I salute all the veterans who have served that we may have liberty and freedom in our country. 
 
In order for us to be free from our trespasses and sins, Jesus died for us.  Paul said that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  Do you have the Holy Ghost dwelling inside of you?  If you do, than you should be free from yourself.  Solomon said, "The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself" (Proverbs 14:14).  The best freedom is freedom from self.  Jesus said that He came to set the captives free (Luke 4:18).  Are you free?

Sing:  He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bars of prison for me.  I'm glory bound, my Jesus to see.  Glory to God, He set me free.
 
Happy Veteran Day, my fellow comrades!

1 comment: