Monday, March 25, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 March 25

Getting To The Point of Nevertheless

 

“Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” (Matthew 26:36-39)

 

Today’s Morsel: How do you prepare yourself for things that you do not have control over? I have seen people go into deep depression and stress because they are about to face a judge for a crime that they committed. And then I have seen some who are about to face the same judge for a crime that they have committed, and they say, I was wrong, so, let what will be will be, be. When Jesus knew that His time was for Him to depart out of this world, knowing that all things that He had come to do was now finish, scripture says, “Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”  Jesus knew that this was something that He had to face. And so, to endure the cross, He needed to get to the point of, nevertheless. You see, our flesh is often afraid of the consequences that we are about to face when we don’t know the outcome. But when you get to this point, the point no longer trusting in ourselves, we now trust in the One that has the power to deliver us and to make us free.  Perhaps not free from the situation, yet free from ourselves. But if not, we have then gotten to the point where we have made up your minds that the Lord’s will must be done.  Never lose hope for what you must face. Even Jesus knew that Calvary had a great purpose. 

 

Sing: Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise; For it was grace that brought my liberty. I do not know just why He came to love me so; He looked beyond my faults and saw my need. 
I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary, to view the cross where Jesus died for me. How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul. He looked beyond my faults and saw my need. 

 

Thought For Today: Oh, what a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment