Saturday, March 2, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 March 2

Who Is A God Like Jesus?

 

“Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.” (Micah 7:18)

 

Today’s Morsel: Every year that I begin to read my Bible through again, or when my wife and I are doing our morning devotions, God just seems to drop little nuggets of encouragement right in my lap. And today’s scripture is one of them. I have read my Bible through for the past 38 years, and so when I was reading our devotion a few weeks ago, this passage again opened my eyes to truth. Micah wrote, “Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.”  The Lord, through the prophet Isaiah, said “Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?” (Isaiah 42:23) The psalmist states, “If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.” (Psalms 130:3-4). God is not willing that any of us should perish, but that we would all come to repentance. God is willing to give us a second chance when we do wrong. He is full of compassion and mercy. They are new every morning. As the writer of Hebrews tells us, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16) Jesus loves mercy, what about you?

 

Sing: He knew me, and yet He loved me, He whose glory makes the heavens shine. I’m so unworthy, of such mercies; Yet when He was on the cross, you and I were on His mind.

 

Thought For Today: “It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.” (Lamentations 3:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment