Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 March 20

Stop Living Below Your Privileges

 

“Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.” (Luke 15:25-31)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I have come to realize that there are too many Christians that are living below their privileges. When we become born again of the water and the Spirit, we become heirs to the promises that God made to Abraham (Galatians 3:26-29). But sad to say, many are not alive, they are just existing. You may say what’s the difference? Well, Jesus said that He came to give us life and that more abundantly. Life means that you are alive. You are excited and elated with life. You look forward to each day to see what new thing God will bring your way. You look forward to the day so that you can share the truth of the gospel with others, and help others become better within themselves. You are willing to share your new life with folks so they can see what God has done in you. But if you are only existing, then you see life as mundane, boring, and you will have that Eor spirit. You know that Woe is Me, everything and everybody is against me spirit. That no one likes me spirit. That spirit that thinks that you were dealt a bad hand. Listen, if you have been born again, you have not been dealt a bad hand, you have been placed in God’s hand. And He has your best interest at heart. As He says through the prophet Jeremiah: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11) The prodigal son’s brother thought that he had been dealt a bad hand because his brother came back home after he had wasted his living in the world, and his father gave him a party, and welcomed him home. He told his dad, “Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.”  You know, I don’t read where he ever asked his father for a kid to make merry with his friend. He was like some today. Complaining about everything that others have and yet they never ask Jesus to give them what is rightfully theirs. Not me. When I see my finances getting low, I pray and ask God to sell one of my cows off the hill. I let Him know what I don’t have even though He already knows it. Jesus even said that we have not because we ask not. It’s not His fault if you are living below your privileges. As the father told his son, “Thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.”  Stop living below your privileges and learn how to ask God for what yours is.  Laugh and have some fun. Smile and make people think about what you are up to. 

 

Sing: I am blessed! I am blessed! Every day that I live I am blessed. When I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed. 

 

Thought For Today: “And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” (Luke 11:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment