Thursday, January 21, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 January 2021

 

Are We There Yet?

 

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.(Hebrews 6:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  If you have kids and have driven on any journey that required time and distance, I’m sure you have heard from the back seat just as I have, “Are we there yet?”  I am sure the children of Israel felt the same way when Moses was leading them out of Egypt.  I am sure there were times that they may have heard, “Are we there yet?”  But unfortunately, when they got there, they were afraid to cross over.  They longed for their promise, but they were afraid to receive it.  The writer of Hebrews tells us to let us go on to perfection.  So, my question to you today is, “Are you there yet?”  How many times have you heard this saying?  If we say that we are born again, then we should have already been there and been enjoying the benefits of His promise.  You see, perfection is to be complete.  If we say that we are born again, then we should be complete in Christ. We should be content with who we are and what He has given us and done in our lives.  We should be satisfied with Him as our heavenly Father, rejoicing in His power and His word; steadfast in our daily devotion with Him; loving Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; serving Him with a willing mind; carrying our cross daily, and committed to His ways. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power(Colossians 2:9-10)  Are you there yet?

 

Sing:  I came to Jesus weary, worn, and sad, He took my sins away, He took my sins away.  And now His love has made my heart so glad, He took my sins away.

He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day!  I’m so glad He took my sins away, He took my sins away.

 

Thought For Today: If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.(Colossians 3:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment