Thursday, January 14, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 January 2021

 

How Little We Know

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
(Job 38:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Whether we like to admit it or not, there are a lot of things that we do not know.  I do not care how smart one may be, there are still things that they do not know.  Even Job found himself being asked by God what seems to be such extremely hard questions to answer.  And Job sat in silence as God poured them out to him.  Finally, Job says to God, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.(Job 42:2-6)  Don’t ever think that you have all the answers or that you think that you know it all.  Worldly education is only good if it is coupled with Godly wisdom, knowledge, and instruction.  Believe me, I don’t care how much you know, you do not know it all.  And if you read the Bible, you will discover just how little you do know.  

 

Sing: Thank you Lord for saving my soul. Thank You Lord for making me whole. Thank you, Lord, for giving to me, Thy great salvation so full and free.

 

Thought For Today:Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him. For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be? There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.(Ecclesiastes 8:6-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment