Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 February 2020


One Thing

“A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.” (Psalms 27:1-6)

Today’s Morsel:  Three men were walking along the beach when a bottle with a genie inside washed ashore. The men grabbed the bottle and opened it to let the genie out.  The genie thanked them and told them that their wish was her command.  She would give them each one wish, but she would also would have to give their mother-in-law twice as much.  The first gentlemen said no problem.  I will take a billion dollars.  The genie said your mother-in-law  will get two billion dollars. Not a problem, said the man.  I love my mother-in-law and we get along really well together. The second gentlemen ask for a billion dollars, a yacht, and a mansion.  The genie again informed him that his mother-in-law would receive twice as much.  The man said, not a problem.  I love my mother-in-law, too. We have a very good relationship and besides when she dies, she will probably leave all her stuff to me anyways.  And then the genie turned to the third gentlemen and asked what his request was.  To her surprise, the gentlemen said, Just beat me half to death (humor).

If you could have one thing, what would you request?  Jesus said, “And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.(Luke 11:9-10)  What do you have need of?  Do you have the faith to believe that Jesus will do what He says?   David said, One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. What is your number one desire?  The best things in life are free.

Sing:  The moon belongs to everyone, the best things in life are free. The stars belong to everyone, they gleam there for you and me.  The flowers in spring, the robins that sing, the sunbeams that shine they're yours, they're mine, And love can come to everyone The best things in life are free.

Thought For Today: The best things in life are free.


No comments:

Post a Comment