Saturday, February 15, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 February 2020


Calling Upon God
“To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said, I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”
 (Psalms 18:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  Why do people wait until they are sick or in trouble before they call upon the Lord? Shouldn’t they put in a call to Him daily?  Shouldn’t they be like Job and offer sacrifices daily with the fruit of their lips, showing their sincere appreciation before their trials come?  David shows us the importance of calling upon God.  He states, “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so, shall I be saved from mine enemies.”  In Psalms 57 verses 7-11 he states, “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.” (Psalms 57:7-11)  If we get in the habit of calling upon God daily, for no other reason than to offer Him the praise that is due Him, we probably won’t need to call on Him in time of trial and trouble.  He will already be right there beside us, and we will know that He is.

Sing: Praise Him, Praise Him.  Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the noontime.  Praise Him, Praise Him.  Praise Him when the sun goes down.

Thought For Today:  Don’t let God laugh at your calamities. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment