Thursday, August 8, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 August 2019


The First Night in Hell

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.” 
(Luke 16:22-24)

Today’s Morsel:  I can remember the first nights when I arrived in the war zones of Vietnam and Saudi Arabia.  Both countries were steaming hot.  I could hear soldiers saying, “This must be what hell is like.”  It wasn’t uncommon to reach a hundred degrees in the shade.   Jesus told the parable of the rich man Lazarus. He said the rich man was in hell and he saw Abraham with Lazarus in his bosom; and he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.  John wrote, “And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:12-15)  I just wonder what those mockers and scorners, who make fun at Christianity and Jesus, those that promote an evil agenda, will say when they spend their first night in hell?    

Sing:  I’ve heard of a land that is wondrously fair, they say that’s its splendor is far beyond compare!  In that place that’s called Heaven, my soul longs to be, for where Jesus is it will be Heaven for me.

Chorus: Heaven for me, it will be Heaven for me; Jesus will be what makes it Heaven for me.  All its beauty and wonder I’m longing to see, but Jesus will be what makes it Heaven for me.

Thought For Today: Keep heaven in view. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment